[Python-Dev] New "stage" field in the tracker

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Nov 3 23:13:30 CET 2008

Martin added a new "stage" field in the tracker so that issues can now
be more clearly identified in terms of what is needed to move them
forward. For now it is probably best to continue to use both keywords
and stage values (i.e. the "patch" keyword is implied when the stage
of an issue goes beyond "needs patch" and the need for a "patch
review" is covered by the "commit review" stage). Once the use of the
stage gets far enough along we can discussed ditching the keywords.

Anyway, cheers to our first step in improving our workflow!

-Brett