[Python-Dev] Using Cython for standard library?

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Tue Nov 4 20:11:22 CET 2008

-> >> but obviously any choice would have to be a good one.
-> >> [...]  So, the question I see isn't if Cython should be
-> >> allowed for standard library modules, but if the landscape of such
-> >> solutions is at a point that any of them is ready to be committed to.
-> Well, we had reports that existing, non-trivial C modules could be rewritten
-> in Cython within a few days. But even if you are only talking about new
-> modules that get added to the stdlib, all you really need to become
-> independent of a specific Cython version is a good test suite for your code to
-> make sure it keeps working as expected when you update your compiler.

Hey, wait, isn't that also a requirement for Py3k?

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu