[Python-Dev] 2.6.1 and 3.0

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Nov 18 15:52:31 CET 2008

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Actually, I've wanted to do timed releases, though I think monthly is
> unrealistic.  Maybe every two months is about the right time frame.
> Timed releases are nice because everybody then knows when a patch is
> due, from developers to downstream consumers.

 From my point of view bi-monthly release are too much. For a ?.?.1
release two months are fine because several issues are found by 3rd
party authors. But after that a release every quarter is sufficient.

* .1 release two months after the .0 release
* .2, .3, .4 and .5 release every quarter
* about here the next minor release gets out
* .6 and further releases after 6 months when necessary

Christian