[Python-Dev] SSH key for work

Benjamin Peterson musiccomposition at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 22:47:58 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 13:23, Benjamin Peterson
> <musiccomposition at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>>> Can someone please add the attached SSH 2 DSA key for me? I want to be
>>> able to help out with the rc tomorrow while I am at work.
>>
>> It's probably best to send this to pydotorg at python.org.
>
> Well, chances are that Martin will add the key and he reads both, so I
> didn't worry about it. =)
>
> But I guess we should decide exactly which mailing list to send to and
> put that in the dev FAQ.

Section 3.3 of that FAQ:

Can I make check-ins from machines other than the one I generated the keys on?

Yes, all you need is to make sure that the machine you want to check
in code from has both the public and private keys in the standard
place that ssh will look for them (i.e. ~/.ssh on Unix machines).
Please note that although the key file ending in .pub contains your
user name and machine name in it, that information is not used by the
verification process, therefore these key files can be moved to a
different computer and used for verification. Please guard your keys
and never share your private key with anyone. If you lose the media on
which your keys are stored or the machine on which your keys are
stored, be sure to report this to pydotorg at python.org at the same time
that you change your keys.

--
Cheers,