[Python-Dev] Python for windows.

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Nov 28 04:55:42 CET 2008

Greg writes:
> Mark Hammond wrote:
>
> > The only conflict I see here is the requirement to install into
> "\Program Files"
>
> Doesn't that just mean that if an OEM decides to preinstall it,
> they need to put it in Program Files? They're at liberty to
> do that.

I'm not very familiar with the OEM process, but I believe the software is
automatically installed after the first boot from MSI files supplied by the
OEM partner (so technically, its not "pre-installed" at all).  I don't know
enough about how that works to know how easy it would be to override that
option during installation - hopefully Gerald will fill us in with more
details...

[Hrm - looking closer at that HTML link I sent before, it says specifically
"Per-machine installs must install to Program Files by default in order to
pass this test case" - that seems pretty clear...]

Cheers,

Mark