[Python-Dev] Python for windows.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Nov 30 23:23:51 CET 2008

> Of course, I don't object to that and still think we should help where we
> can, but if that is true it would make the premise of this thread a little
> misleading, as obviously HP could then make *any* necessary changes without
> our agreement or even knowledge.

Perhaps. However, "help where we can" is about right. If its only the
changes HP discussed so far, I think we should be able to help.
For the Program Files issue, without going into the discussion whether
Python's defaults are good or not, I think there would be still a number
of technical solutions (such as providing a merge module which changes
the default).

Regards,
Martin