[Python-Dev] www.python.org/doc and docs.python.org hotfixed

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:46:37 CEST 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

> If linking to the new version could be done easily, we could as well
> directly
> redirect. The problem is that having that mapping in the first place
> is hard.

I was looking for the easy route.  If the layout of the new docs
changed completely, anything that starts with the old abbreviations (/
lib/, /tut/, /ref/, etc.) could just go over to the 2.5.2 docs,
right?  You don't need to map every sub-section to its new URL unless
you feel really strongly that links to pages in the old organization
should point to the new location.

Doug