[Python-Dev] Real segmentation fault handler

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Thu Oct 2 19:54:23 CEST 2008

Victor Stinner schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to catch SIGSEGV in my Python code! So I started to
> hack Python trunk to support this feature. The idea is to use a signal
> handler which call longjmp(), and add setjmp() at Py_EvalFrameEx() enter.

On windows, ctypes catches fatal errors (exception violations) in
foreign function calls, thanks to windows structured exception handling.

On other platforms, there is the WAD module by David Beazley which
may do something similar:

http://www.dabeaz.com/papers/Python2001/python.html

I do not know whether the code itself is still available or not.

--
Thanks,
Thomas