[Python-Dev] c99 comments in the 2.6 code base?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Oct 2 21:47:15 CEST 2008

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> http://drj11.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/python-and-bragging-about-c89/

I've found several more occasions of // comments and one usage of
inline. We *really* should have some way to compile Python with C89 checks

Python doesn't compile with the -pedantic option but it compiles with
-std=c89 -Werror after I've applied some patches. I've added a new make
command to add extra checks. Maybe the build bots could use "make c89"
instead of "make" to build Python?

c89:
         $(MAKE) CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -std=c89 -Werror"

Christian