[Python-Dev] 3.1 focus (was Re: for __future__ import planning)

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Oct 4 20:11:10 CEST 2008

Brett Cannon schrieb:

>> Last not least, there should be a *central* location on python.org where
>> specifically all resources on 2->3 transition are collected. Talks,
>> documents, links, and some crucial information many people seem to miss,
>> such as how long the 2.x series will at least be maintained. They depend
>> on this.
>
> That seems reasonable if someone gets around to doing it. =)

Well, since for >95% of the (potential) Py3k users it is more important than
e.g. the import rewrite in Python (no stab at you intended, Brett), it is
something someone will have to get around to doing.

I'm not excusing myself; in fact, I'd be happy to work on this, but overall
the team "Python 3 advocacy and support" should consist of more than one
person.

Georg