[Python-Dev] Python 2.5.3: call for patches

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Oct 7 16:51:41 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:

> In principle, the release will include all changes that are already on
> the release25-maint branch in subversion [1]. If you think that specific
> changes should be considered, please create an issue in the bug tracker
> [2], and label it with the 2.5.3 version. Backports of changes that
> are already released in Python 2.6 but may apply to 2.5 are of
> particular interest.

Just to emphasize this, "changes" means "bugfixes".  (I'm mentioning this
mainly because of the people who joined for 2.6/3.0.)  For more info,
see PEP6 about bugfix releases:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0006/

"...if I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy than a
Windows box."  --Cliff Wells, comp.lang.python, 3/13/2002