[Python-Dev] asyncore fixes in Python 2.6 broke Zope's version of medusa

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Oct 8 19:15:15 CEST 2008

I am working on getting Zope to run (or at least, start) with Python
2.6. It actually starts right now after applying some patches, which
is amazing on itself, but it dies right away due to changes in
asyncore that break Zope's internal version of medusa.

I've opened a bug against Zope on Launchpad, but someone suggested
that it might actually be a bug in python, in the sense that it
changed asyncore in a backwards-incompatible way. I wouldn't go that
far, since I think it's more likely that Zope's version of medusa is
poking into asyncore internals instead:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/280020

I suspect a patch similar to this might be needed:

http://codereview.appspot.com/744/diff/1/23

Anyone cares to comment?

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214