[Python-Dev] [ANN] VPython 0.1

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 18:05:36 CEST 2008

    J> I implemented a variant of the CPython VM on top of Gforth's Vmgen; this made
    J> it fairly straightforward to add direct threaded code and superinstructions for
    J> the various permutations of LOAD_CONST, LOAD_FAST, and most of the two-argument
    J> VM instructions.

    J> Sources:
    J>   http://svirfneblin.org/stuff/VPython-0.1.tar.gz

Very interesting.  Trying to build with your changes on my Mac (OS X 10.5.5)
I get an error caused by a definition in code.h:

    gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/opt/local/include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE -o Python/mactoolboxglue.o Python/mactoolboxglue.c
    In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Headers/ControlDefinitions.h:36,
                     from /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Headers/HIToolbox.h:201,
                     from /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Headers/Carbon.h:29,
                     from Include/pymactoolbox.h:10,
                     from Python/mactoolboxglue.c:27:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Headers/Lists.h:50: error: conflicting types for 'Cell'
    Include/code.h:15: error: previous declaration of 'Cell' was here
    make: *** [Python/mactoolboxglue.o] Error 1

Note that I'm not actually doing a Framework build.  Any way you can easily
rename your macros to avoid obvious name clashes like this?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/