[Python-Dev] My patches

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 31 17:54:59 CET 2008

> But we need also some hooks to automate stage changes:
>  * attach a new patch => set stage to "patch review"
>    (and maybe add the keyword "review")

The latter already happens automatically.

>  * remove "patch reviewed" keyword => set stage to "commit review"
>  * set status to "closed" => set stage to "commited/rejected"
>
> We can maybe use JavaScript for some operations (it's easy to catch a combobox
> change).

Automatic state changes are best done with roundup detectors - see the
detectors directory of the python-dev instance to get an idea of what
can be done (I used to think these things should be "react" actions,
but making them "audit" actions actually looks nicer in the history)

> About the old issues, is it possible to write a script setting the stage using
> the same rules (using the keywords and status)?

Most certainly. See the scripts directory of the python-dev instance for
examples.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. These things might better belong to tracker-discuss.