[Python-Dev] HTTPS read-only SVN access is denied?

techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:39:07 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> As a workaround, if you only need read-only access, you can use the Mercurial
> mirrors which should work through your proxy (AFAIK Mercurial only uses GET and
> POST).
>
> Type "hg clone http://code.python.org/hg/trunk/" or "hg clone
> http://code.python.org/hg/branches/py3k" depending on what you need exactly.

I do not need the whole branch - only a small subset of files related
to distutils. I know that bazaar can't do partial checkouts - it can
only fetch the whole branch. What about mercurial?

And why not to setup HTTPS for anonymous read and authorized write
access? It is not that hard to do and will solve many problems with
proxies.

--
--anatoly t.