[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Proposed revised schedule

Benjamin Peterson musiccomposition at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:13:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>> I don't think there's any way we're going to make our October 1st goal.  We
>> have 8 open release critical bugs, and 18 deferred blockers.  We do not have
>> a beta3 Windows installer and I don't have high hopes for rectifying all of
>> these problems in the next day or two.
>>
>> I propose that we push the entire schedule back two weeks.  This means that
>> the planned rc2 on 17-September becomes our rc1.  The planned final release
>> for 01-October becomes our rc2, and we release the finals on 15-October.
>>
>> - -Barry
>
> Perhaps it's time to separate the 2.6 and 3.0 release schedules? I
> don't care if the next version of OSX contains 3.0 or not -- but I do
> care about it having 2.6.

I'm not really sure what good that would do us unless we wanted to
bring 3.0 back to the beta phase and continue to work on some larger
issues with it. I also suspect doing two separate, but close together
final releases would be more stressful than having them in lock and
step.

Just my pocket change, though.

--
Cheers,