[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Proposed revised schedule

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 9 02:22:16 CEST 2008

Christian Heimes <lists <at> cheimes.de> writes:

> Ok, from the marketing perspective it's a nice catch to release 2.6 and
> 3.0 on the same day. "Python 2.6.0 and 3.0.0 released" makes a great
> headline.

It's not only the marketing. Having both releases in lock step means the
development process is synchronized between trunk and py3k, that there is no
loss of developer focus, and that merges/backports happen quite naturally.

But I don't think it's an overwhelming argument either. I would value it at
around 50 euro cents, not even the price of a good croissant ;-)

Regards

Antoine.