[Python-Dev] ',' precedence in documentation]

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Sep 17 01:26:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:50:45 am Greg Ewing wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > I was confused about the role of commas, and totally gobsmacked
> > when I discovered that commas make tuples everywhere except when
> > following an except statement.
>
> Um... you've never written a function call with more than
> one argument before? :-)

Of course I had. If somebody had asked me, I probably would have guessed
that there was some sort of special case in the parser for function
calls. I didn't say my mental model was a good model, but it was the
only one I had.

I have no doubt that there are others out there who are confused about
the role of commas.

--
Steven