alexandre at peadrop.com
Sun Apr 5 07:55:03 CEST 2009
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> With Brett's (hopefully temporary!) absence, who is spearheading the
> Mercurial conversion? Whoever it is should probably take over PEP 374
> and start updating it with the conversion plan, particularly WRT
> expectations for dates relative to 3.1 final and 2.7 final.
I am willing to take over this. I was in charge of the Mercurial
scenarios in the PEP, so it would be natural for me to continue with
the transition. In addition, I volunteer to maintain the new Mercurial
Off the top of my head, the following is needed for a successful migration:
- Verify that the repository at http://code.python.org/hg/ is
- Convert the current svn commit hooks to Mercurial.
- Add Mercurial support to the issue tracker.
- Update the developer FAQ.
- Setup temporary svn mirrors for the main Mercurial repositories.
- Augment code.python.org infrastructure to support the creation of
- Update the release.py script.
There is probably some other things that I missed, but I think this is
a good overview of what needs to be done. And of course, I would
welcome anyone who would be willing to help me with the transition.
More information about the Python-Dev