[Python-Dev] Issue5434: datetime.monthdelta

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Apr 17 22:49:28 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009, BJ?rn Lindqvist wrote:

> It's not only about what people find intuitive. Why care about them?
> Most persons aren't programmers. It is about what application
> developers find useful too. I have often needed to calculate month
> deltas according to the proposal. I suspect many other programmers
> have too. Writing a month add function isn't entirely trivial and
> would be a good candidate for stdlib imho.

At this point, further discussion really needs to move to python-ideas;
for acceptance in stdlib, there needs to be either well-accepted code out
in the community or a PEP for Guido to pronounce on (or probably both, in
the end).

I've set followups to python-ideas for convenience.

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair