[Python-Dev] pylinting the stdlib

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 00:40:06 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've fed parts of the stdlib to pylint and after some filtering
there appears to be some things that looks strange, I've
filled a few bugs to the tracker for them.

6623 Lib/ftplib.py netrc class parsing problem
6622 [RFC] wrong variable used in Lib/poplib.py
6621 [RFC] Remove leftover use of Carbon module from Lib/binhex.py
6620 Variable may be used before first being assigned to in Lib/locale.py
6619 Remove duplicated function in Lib/inspect.py

Is this useless and taking reviewer's time for nothing ?

Please advise, if this is deemed useful, I'll continue further

--
Vincent Legoll