[Python-Dev] PEP 385: pruning/reorganizing branches

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Aug 4 21:28:10 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 23:06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > empty: keep-clone?
>
> I use that as a branch to tell build slaves to clean out their
> current checkouts. So keep-clone sounds right, assuming it is possible
> to target buildslaves at either clones or branches (which, IIUC, would
> be necessary anyway, since we are using a mix of branches and clones).
>
> > amk-mailbox: keep-clone?
> > twouters-dictviews-backport: keep-clone?
> > bcannon-sandboxing: keep-clone?
> > bippolito-newstruct: merges?

keep-clone bcannon-objcap, strip bcannon-sandboxing.

> You'll probably need to explicitly ping the specific owners
> (Andrew Kuchling, Thomas Wouters, Brett Cannon, Bob Ippolito)
> to understand the fate of these branches.
>
> This also raises the question how developers should publish their
> "own" branches. For the bzr setup, there was apparently a proposal
> to use directories for that, i.e. giving each developer a directory
> on code.python.org to publish branches.

Yeah, I thought I brought this up and people liked the idea of keeping some
user directory on hg.python.org. I am fine with code.python.org as well. But
having some place would be really handy (although having bitbucket and
Google Code makes this not quite as important).