[Python-Dev] PEP 385: the eol-type issue

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 5 11:16:37 CEST 2009

> I'm not sure how win32text will provide anything other than
> performance degradation for non-Windows developers, but if there's
> functionality to be had, I'm happy to mandate its use on every
> platform.

This is all fairly hypothetical - if hg grew a .hgeols file, it would
be good if it supported that cross-platform. It then may make win32text
obsolete (in particular if it provided some useful defaults).

On Unix, the functionality might be as simple as checking conformance
with the eol-style at pre-commit time.

Regards,
Martin