[Python-Dev] PEP 385: the eol-type issue

John Arbash Meinel john.arbash.meinel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:58:50 CEST 2009

Mark Hammond wrote:
> On 5/08/2009 8:14 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
>> endings. Typically, in my case, that was either Notepad2 (an awesomely
>> light-weight Notepad replacement) or Komodo (Edit). That solved all of
>> my issues, so I haven't had a need for win32text so far.
>
> FWIW, I use komodo and scite as my primary editors, and as mentioned, am
> personally responsible for accidentally checking in \r\n files into what
> should be a \n repo.  I am slowly and painfully learning to be more
> careful - IMO, I shouldn't need to...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

IIRC one of the main problems in Copy & Paste. I believe both Scite and
Visual Studio have had issues where they "preserve" the line endings of
files, but if you paste from another source, it will continue to
"preserve" the line endings of the pasted content.

That said, you also have the "create a new file defaults to CRLF" that
has similar problems.

John
=:->