[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: help needed

Martin Geisler mg at lazybytes.net
Sat Aug 22 11:57:14 CEST 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> Mark Hammond writes:
> [extensions]
> required_for_commit = win32text,some_other_ext
> That might require a change to hg's ini file semantics if currently it
> refuses to parse [extension] sections in versioned hgrcs.

It doesn' refuse anything like that. When Mercurial starts, it reads
these configuration files:

Notice that they are all outside the clone's working directory, the
closes one is the <repo>/.hg/hgrc file.

As I wrote somewhere else in this thread, you can add

  %include ../.repo-settings

in your <repo>/.hg/hgrc file, and this will result in

being loaded (and this file *is* in the working copy and can thus be put
under revision control).

Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.