[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: help needed

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Aug 23 09:25:56 CEST 2009

> If this becomes seen as 'my' cause, I suspect it will run out of steam
> very quickly.  I truly hope python-dev, as a community, takes some
> ownership of this issue

That certainly won't happen. python-dev, as a community, has never ever
taken ownership of anything. It's always individuals who take ownership.

So you essentially say that you want somebody else (but not you) take
ownership - which, of course, is certainly fine. Hence my call for
volunteers.

> There seem to be a number of people who agree the
> status-quo isn't acceptable, so I'm not sure what would happen in that
> case...

My prediction is that it will depend on whether workable code is
available by the time a decision is made to migrate. If code is
available, then migration will happen (no matter whether the code
has an owner); if no code is available, migration will stall.

Regards,
Martin