[Python-Dev] PEP 3144: IP Address Manipulation Library for the Python Standard Library

Jake McGuire mcguire at google.com
Tue Aug 25 19:41:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Peter Moody<peter at hda3.com> wrote:
> I personally hope that's not required; yours has been the only
> dissenting email and I believe I respond to all of your major points
> here.

Silence is not assent.

ipaddr looks like a reasonable library from here, but AFAIK it's not
widely used outside of google.  I don't know if it's reasonable to
want some amount public usage before a brand-new API goes into the
standard library, but such use is more likely to uncover API flaws or
quirks than a PEP.

-jake