[Python-Dev] 3to2 0.1 alpha 1 released

Joe Amenta amentajo at msu.edu
Thu Aug 27 00:55:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>wrote:

> > I have released the first alpha version of 3to2 after finishing it for
> > my Google Summer of Code 2009(tm) project.
>
> Congratulations! I understand SoC is basically over, but I would still
> like to request two things:
>
> - can you please register it with PyPI?
> - can you please announce/report some plans for the future of this
>  project? In particular, will you continue to work on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

-- 3to2 is now registered with
PyPI<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/3to2/0.1%20alpha%201>.
Did I do it right?
-- I plan to continue to work on 3to2 in my free time, though I have one of
those social lives, so I could certainly use some help; in particular, I
could use some quality bug
reports<http://bitbucket.org/amentajo/lib3to2/issues/>.
My long-term plans for the future are:

   - Bugfixes
   - Keep up with new features added in newer versions of py3k
   - Ensure syntactical correctness with a more robust test suite

My short-term plans for the future are:

   - Fixes imports and imports2 need to work properly
   - Continue to build a suitable test suite that tests common cases of all
   fixers
   - print fixer refactors the syntax into print statements rather than
   imports print_function from __future__

Thanks for the acknowledgement,
--Joe