[Python-Dev] PEP 3144: IP Address Manipulation Library for the Python Standard Library

Peter Moody peter at hda3.com
Thu Aug 27 15:52:20 CEST 2009

Howdy folks,

the reference code has been updated per your comments; specifically,
there's no more IP/IPv4/IPv6 factory functions, it's all IPAddress()
and IPNetwork constructors.

I've submitted a patch to the PEP with updated examples and a lengthy
description of the class inheritance and the benefits from that design
choice. hopefully that should go live soon.

If there are any more suggestions on the PEP or the code, please let me know.

Cheers,
/peter