[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 2.7 alpha 1

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Dec 5 20:47:44 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:55, Scott Dial
<scott+python-dev at scottdial.com<scott%2Bpython-dev at scottdial.com>
> wrote:

> Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> > On behalf of the Python development team, I'm pleased to announce the
> first
> > alpha release of Python 2.7.
>
> Was there a call for bugs that should be reviewed for this release?

No. Since this is an alpha release this is more about discovering new bugs
than than trying to make sure we have everything squashed. When we approach
the first beta release is when I would start pressing on getting key bugs
fixed.

-Brett