[Python-Dev] Unittest/doctest formatting differences in 2.7a1?

Lennart Regebro lregebro at jarn.com
Wed Dec 9 18:11:29 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 17:34, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> Can you be more specific?

Only with an insane amount of work. I'll hold that off for a while.

> Relying on specific formatting for test results *sounds* like you are relying on an implementation detail

Yeah, but that's doctests for you. And it's a mode of testing that
makes sense when you test testrunners, as the result of a testrunner
is the output. It's extremely hard to *not* test a testrunner without
looking at the output.

> Some of the failure reporting in unittest has *improved* in Python 2.7 - are you feeding the output of unittest back into doctest... ?

Yes, as this is a testrunner being tested.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64