[Python-Dev] Unittest/doctest formatting differences in 2.7a1?

Lennart Regebro lregebro at jarn.com
Wed Dec 9 19:01:32 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 18:55, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> That may or may not be possible (it certainly sounds like a good change).
> You still haven't told us what change it is that breaks things

There are many changes, and it's already clear from the responses here
that people consider most of them improvements, and the case of
testing testrunners is special enough that I already can feel that
nobody is going to care, so I'm not going to spend the hours I'm going
to need to document the changes, it seems a waste of time. I suspect
zope.testing just won't be tested on Python 2.7. Let's hope it
continues to work on it. :)

But changes in the exception format will affect everyone using
doctests, so that's more serious, and will need to be handled. If we
can get a similar change into 3.2 so we can handle the exception
format changes between 2.6 and 3.x that would be an added bonus.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64