[Python-Dev] Proposing PEP 386 for addition
dsdale24 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:10:49 CET 2009
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> Do you have a better suggestion ? I was thinking about StandardVersion
>> but "Standard"
>> doesn't really express what we want to achieve here I think,
> I think StandardVersion is fine.
I prefer StandardVersion as well. Rational (according to websters.com):
1. agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for
2. having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm
and rational negotiator.
Standard (according to websters.com):
1. something considered by an authority or by general consent as a
basis of comparison; an approved model.
2. an object that is regarded as the usual or most common size or form
of its kind
3. a rule or principle that is used as a basis for judgment
More information about the Python-Dev