[Python-Dev] First draft of "sysconfig"

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Dec 14 10:52:50 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> == code, status, next steps ==
>
> The code of the module can be viewed here, it's a revamp of distutils.sysconfig:
>
> http://svn.python.org/view/*checkout*/python/branches/tarek_sysconfig/Lib/sysconfig.py?content-type=text%2Fplain
>
> I've refactored distutils/ and site.py so they work with this new
> module, and added deprecation warnings in distutils.sysconfig.

I think we really need to do something about these kinds of
deprecations.

IMHO, there is no need to deprecate an entry point if the code
has just moved to some other location in the stdlib.

A simple note in the documentation and the NEWS file should be
enough to get programmers to use the new location for code that
doesn't have to work with older Python versions.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 14 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/