[Python-Dev] Pronouncement on PEP 389: argparse?

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:04:00 CET 2009

So there wasn't really any more feedback on the last post of the
argparse PEP other than a typo fix and another +1.

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0389/

Can I get a pronouncement? Here's a summary of the responses. (Please
correct me if I misinterpreted anyone.)

* Floris Bruynooghe +1
* Brett Cannon +1
* Nick Coghlan +1
* Michael Foord +1
* Yuval Greenfield +1
* Doug Hellmann +1
* Kevin Jacobs +1
* Paul Moore +1
* Jesse Noller +1
* Fernando Perez +1
* Jon Ribbens +1
* Vinay Sajip +1
* Barry Warsaw +1

* Antoine Pitrou -0
* Martin v. Löwis -0

* M.-A. Lemburg -1

Note that I've interpreted those who were opposed to the deprecation
of getopt as -0 since the PEP no longer proposes that, only the
deprecation of optparse. (People who opposed optparse's deprecation
are still -1.)

If there's any other information that would be helpful for a
pronouncement, please let me know.

Steve
--
Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?
Did Steve tell you that?