[Python-Dev] Request commit privileges for Stefan Krah

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:01:54 CET 2009

[Mark Dickinson]
> I'd like to request that Stefan Krah be granted commit privileges to the Python
> svn repository, for the sole purpose of working on a (yet to be created)
> py3k-decimal-in-c branch.

+1.  I haven't commented on any of this, but I've watched it, and
Stefan appears easy enough to work with and does very high-quality
work.

> (I'm not yet asking for a decision on *whether* the decimal module should
> be replaced with a C version;  that decision should be easier to make once
> Stefan's code is fully integrated into the branch, and we have some timings
> and benchmarks to show the performance benefit.  There are also various
> other questions about a C version of decimal that will eventually need to
> addressed, but I don't want to distract from the main point of this message.)

Me neither, which is why I repeated that part ;-)  A development
branch is exactly the right thing to do at this point, and Stefan
needs commit privs to work on that.