[Python-Dev] First draft of "sysconfig"

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 15 18:59:52 CET 2009

Tarek wrote:
> How would you use it when a list is returned ? Can you provide a few
> examples where
> the code wants to know the default architecture for the current platform ?
> etc.

The consumer could enumerate over it and then do whatever they were doing
w/ the platform multiple times.  If an earlier one succeeds at what
they're attempting to do then they're done.  If there's no "success", lets
say they're appending something to sys.path, then they'd do it for all
elements in the sequence.

It's not an absolute requirement or anything like that - it just jumped
out at me because IronPython and Jython do have multiple platforms
which could be relevant at one time.