[Python-Dev] Renewal of the 1-for-5 offer (was: [issue1644818] Allow importing built-in submodules)

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sat Dec 19 17:59:58 CET 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 01:16:46 +0100, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?= <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Only if some committer finds time for it, which is *really* scarce.
> If you want to push that issue, I promise to review it after you have
> reviewed five other patches.

As a general note, I'm willing to make the same deal.  Anyone who has a
patch they are championing, if you will review some other patches for
us, I'll see if I can get the patch you are interested in committed.
We have a lot of patches in the tracker that only the submitter has
looked at/tested, or which lack tests or doc updates, and so they just
sit there...

(By the way, Julian, if you had done a review of the patch in question
(tested it, etc, and reported your results) progress on the bug might
have just started happening.  This is how it often works; although
there's no guarantee of course.)

I'd also like to point out that IMO the idea behind the one-for-five offer
is to leverage the "I have an itch to scratch" energy to the benefit of
all and, just as important (and as Martin already pointed out), perhaps
set some new people on the path to becoming committers.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com
Business Process Automation - Network/Server Management - Routers/Firewalls