[Python-Dev] regrtest hangs on test_tk_guionly

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Fri Feb 6 16:34:36 CET 2009

Guilherme Polo wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Eric Smith <eric at trueblade.com> wrote:
>> In the trunk, test_tk_guionly
>
> test_ttk_guionly, right ?

Right, sorry.

>> hangs if I run it through regrtest. This is on
>> a Fedora Core 6 box, without X installed.
>>

> Does it hang if you run it alone through regrtest, or, together with
> all the other tests ?

It does not hang:
[trunk]$ ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py test_ttk_guionly
test_ttk_guionly
test_ttk_guionly skipped -- ttk not available: no display name and no
$DISPLAY environment variable
1 test skipped:
     test_ttk_guionly
1 skip unexpected on linux2:
     test_ttk_guionly

> I've noticed it, it is on http://bugs.python.org/issue5122
>
> The second part of the issue description is actually unrelated to the
> problem (or at least I'm almost sure it is), so you may discard it. I
> wasn't able to duplicate it here, but I could try installing fedora
> here to try reproducing and see if I can solve it.

Unfortunately I can't give you access to this machine. Maybe
http://www.snakebite.org/ will be able to help.

If you think my issue is related to 5122, I'll reply to that issue and
move the discussion there. I can test on a Fedora 10 box, too.

Eric.