[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Feb 10 20:04:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 05:23, Daniel (ajax) Diniz <ajaksu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For the past two days I've been doing some housekeeping
> *cough*spamming*cough* on the tracker, mostly on ancient and/or easy
> bugs. So far, ten bugs have been closed (thanks Antoine, Barry,
> Benjamin, Guilherme, Martin and Raymond). I nominated some other bugs
> (below) for closing and added a few simple patches, with a couple more
> pending feedback.
>
> If anyone is interested in being added as nosy for any category of
> bugs, let me know and I'll do that as I scan the tracker.

Warnings and import for me.

> Iff this kind of Bug-Day-ish work is desirable, doesn't disrupt real
> work and people agree the workflow would be better, I'd like to have
> developer rights in the tracker, as per Antoine's suggestion. FWIW, I
> have no problem with the current situation.

It's been asked on python-committers; just have to wait for any potential
objections (really doubt there will be any, though).

> Talking about Bug Days, I see lots of easy bugs, some with outdated
> patches. Is there any plan of doing a Bug Day around PyCon time?

Well, the sprints at PyCon are Bug Days themselves really, although they
happen during the week so that tends to cause problems. As of right now
there are no plans but someone can obviously plan one if they feel up for
it.

-Brett