[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:41:55 CET 2009

Hi,

Here's a status report about the digging. Thanks  Benjamin, Antoine,
Martin, Raymond, Guilherme, Georg, Brett, Mark and everyone else for
helping :)

Good:
  Many requested assignments:
    Thanks everyone that asked for bugs. If anyone else wants more,
just let me know :)

  Old issues closed:
    ajaksu2 - 3
    Everyone else - about 14 :)

  Checking and screening:
    > 100 issues on the 'verify and close or update' queue (most of
what is popping up as changed)

Bad:
  Assignment mistakes:
    Two issues reassigned to Brett (from MvL and JvR) because I didn't
see they were already assigned:
http://bugs.python.org/issue1419652 PyImport_AppendInittab stores
pointer to parameter
http://bugs.python.org/issue616247 More documentation for the imp module
    Sorry about that :-/

Over-spammig:
  Sorry, Georg! I only noticed all issues in the Documentation
component are auto-assigned to you today. This meant dozens of unasked
for assignments :-/

Now will I'll start verifying, adding tests, updating or closing as
needed the recently changed old issues, until I've taken a good look
at these. Then, if there's still time left before Saturday, I'll focus
on  verifying/flagging more ancient ones.

during-bug-season-every-day-is-bug-day-ly y'rs,
Daniel