[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 00:51:55 CET 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:
> Sounds like a "*verify issue* stage is needed. Although I guess I kind of
> assumed as part of the triage issue verification would happen as well, but
> that might be too much as a single step.

I'd rather think about it a bit more, available stages cover the vast
majority of the issues. When more people have spent spend some time
setting and querying stages, new ones will be proposed to fill
eventual gaps.

> All the other ones can use the current stages (e.g. a missing test with
> a patch is still at a *test needed* stage, it just happens to be able to
> skip to review once that test is ready).

Yes, it makes a lot of sense. These milestones will help getting
things done, anything more fine-grained should have a good,
well-thougth use case (tracker-discuss is efficient for this).

I have a couple of ideas for the work I'm doing, but they mostly
revolve around client-side optimizations. Something like a DVCS flavor
to triaging :)

Daniel