[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 01:25:18 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>>> Oh, I realized that there is a component called "Unicode". So it should be
>>> possible to write a request to list all issues related to unicode.
>>
>> Nice, I'll add set this component for issues that don't have it. I can
>> still add people to these issues, if they want.
>
> We can also add more components if this would support your triage.
>
> As a necessary condition, I'd ask that there would be a "significant"
> number of issues classified under such a new component.

Thanks, Martin. I don't have any request for new components so far,
but would be happy to set new ones that might be created from other
people's suggestions. I think some statistics could help us.

I have a couple of suggestions regarding the UI, I should submit
issues and patches to the meta-tracker sometime next week (got a
python-dev instance running here, but haven't even looked at it).
Mostly things like checkboxes for components, 'no version' being
displayed, easier searches for missing/nothing (-1, right?), and a
'search in all issues' button for logged in users.

Now, getting into pie-in-the-sky territory, if someone (not logged in)
 was to download all issues for scrapping and feeding to a local
database, what time of day would be less disastrous for the server? :)

Regards,
Daniel