[Python-Dev] Tracker archeology

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 13 06:01:51 CET 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 16:45, Daniel (ajax) Diniz <ajaksu at gmail.com
> <mailto:ajaksu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>     > Reproduction really is the same thing as providing a test.
>
>     That was where I got confused: many issues are easy to reproduce
>     ('test'), but need some thinking to get automated tests right.
>
>     urllib always feels like this to me, except 'thinking' -> 'getting
>     lost over and over'. Reading 'test needed' as 'automated test needed',
>     things make a lot of sense. I have to test my patch against a good
>     representation of the issue, regression tests must pass, 'automated
>     test needed' fits well :)
>

> Go with "Unit test needed" so it's short and to the point and you have a
> deal. =)

Can I just say (without in any way wanting to get involved in what might
be considered as "work") that it's encouraging the tracker received a
bit more TLC we might eventually be able to see at least the occasional
week where the issue count increment was negative :)

So thanks to everyone who's taking the time to deal with this
low-profile not-very-glamorous issue. I, for one, appreciate it.

regards
 Steve

--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119