[Python-Dev] OS X Installer for 3.0.1 and supported versions

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sat Feb 14 22:11:09 CET 2009

In article <499723CD.80404 at v.loewis.de>,
 "Martin v. Lowis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > That's fine as long as the distutils issue is resolved.
> I don't think this should be a prerequisite. As Ronald says: no fix
> without a bug report; if the system is capable of building the extension
> correctly, it should do so (so it's a bug and fixes can be backported
> to 2.6)

And it turns out it should not be a problem for 3.x (and future releases
of 2.x).  Ronald fixed it several weeks ago here:
  <http://bugs.python.org/issue4064>

Python 3.0.1 (r301:69597, Feb 14 2009, 19:03:52)
>>> from distutils.util import get_platform; print(get_platform())
macosx-10.3-fat

My apologies to Ronald and the cohort for not re-examining this
recently.  The distutils "problem" isn't anymore.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org