[Python-Dev] Closing outdated Mac issues

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 00:17:25 CET 2009

Looks like the MDS ate the copy sent to the list, here's it again:

Brett Cannon wrote:
> As of Python 2.6 everything Mac-specific is deprecated and in 3.0 they
> are gone (you can read PEP 3108 for the details or just note that the
> Mac/Modules directory is gone in 3.0). They will still be around in 2.7,
> though, as these are Py3K deprecations.

OK, I've now read PEPs 3108 and 11, but still would like some ruling
about RFEs in these stagnated Mac modules. Maybe PEP 4 could include a
note about RFEs in deprecated modules?

> Not sure what has been left in
> the Mac directory, but I think it is just random scripts (I never use
> the Mac-specific stuff so I don't know how useful some of them are to
> keep).

There are 40 C files, two headers and 69 python files in /Mac in
trunk. The 2.6 (and 2.5.x) docs say development has stopped and that
they'd be replaced in 2.5. So ISTM closing RFEs for these modules
would be an improvement.

> Honestly, fixing them is fine but since the modules are deprecated but
> still in existence in 2.x, but they are definitely nothing above a
> normal priority issue.

OK, I'll let the bug reports open. What about RFEs?

Daniel