[Python-Dev] To 3.0.2 or not to 3.0.2?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:06:21 CET 2009

Georg Brandl wrote:
> Benjamin Peterson schrieb:
>> Oh, does pylint support py3k now?
>
> I think you may have a point there, though I honestly don't know.

I think it's a useful point in general - keeping something like pylint
or pychecker running correctly against the CPython trunk could be a
frustrating exercise on those occasions when we do change something that
the static checker then chokes on (mainly thinking syntax changes here -
they're obviously by far the minority of changes, but they do happen).

Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but my suspicion is that it would
end up being tantamount to bringing whichever tool we decided to use
into the standard library just to keep our own source tree passing cleanly.

Cheers,
Nick.