[Python-Dev] A suggestion: Do proto-PEPs in Google Docs

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sat Feb 21 06:26:46 CET 2009

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 at 12:56, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> (4) automatic saves of intermediate work
>    -- at the tweak stage, the effort to save, commit, and push to a
>       DVCS outweighs the effort to tweak, costing a lot of polish IME
>    -- wikis don't do this, and I wonder whether people would be
>       willing to save unpolished work, or leave it sitting in the
>       browser "until later"

Not that I'm expecting to be working on PEPs any time soon, but just as a
different perspective, I would find the effort to open up Google docs to
be a much higher barrier to doing some editing tweaks than the dvcs case.
For the DVCS, I'd just write a little script that would (1) update (2)
open the editor on the file (3) do the commit/push dance when the file
was closed.  So for me it would be as easy as editing the file locally.

So for my work style, a DVCS would be the biggest win.

--RDM