[Python-Dev] Attention Bazaar mirror users

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 08:37:18 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> David Cournapeau writes:
>  > On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 6:21 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>
>  > > In both those cases, you can use the PPA:
>
>  > Please note that for many people in a corporate/university
>  > environment, this is not an option. Granted, you can install it by
>  > yourself at this point,
>
> Er, what are people without access to PPAs doing building Python from
> a VCS checkout?

I don't see the link between access to PPA and building Python from
sources. I don't have administration privileges on any of my machine
at work. Adding PPA is simply not allowed at some places (PPA or
anything else which is not considered 'safe'), or too much of a
(bureaucratic) burden.

cheers,

David