[Python-Dev] Silencing IO errors on del/dealloc?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Feb 22 23:46:41 CET 2009

Guido van Rossum <guido <at> python.org> writes:

> If you want to ensure buffers are flushed, why not call self.flush()
> for writable files outside the try/except? If flush() fails it *is* a
> real problem.

Well, my concern is less about flushing writable files (they will be
implemented in C and the flushing will probably be ok) than Python-written
file-like types, like SocketIO or any third-party class.

Anyway, let's keep silencing exceptions and we'll see if anyone complains
about it.

Regards

Antoine.